Nordic Oikos 2018 – GBIF data with R
Scientific reuse of openly published biodiversity information: Programmatic access to and analysis of primary biodiversity information using R. Nordic Oikos 2018, pre-conference R workshop, 18th and 19th February 2018 in Trondheim, Norway.
Session 1: Quick intro to GBIF and biodiversity informatics
This session gives an introduction to the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) and international standards for primary biodiversity information with focus on the Darwin Core standard.
- Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Darwin Core standard (Wieczorek et al. 2012)
- Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A data exchange document format (Robertson et al. 2014)
- GBIF Integrated Publishing Toolkit (IPT data exchange document format (Robertson et al. 2014)
- Core data types supported in GBIF: Taxon, Occurrence, and Sampling-event
- GBIF Taxon backbone, taxize, taxize tutorial (more information)
Workshop training materials for session 1
- Slides (to be added here)
- Brief R settings and hints, (html) (more in session 2)
- Brief intro to rgbif, (html) (more in session 3)
Back to GitHub project home.