Nordic Oikos 2018 – GBIF data with R
Scientific reuse of openly published biodiversity information: Programmatic access to and analysis of primary biodiversity information using R. Nordic Oikos 2018, pre-conference R workshop, 18th and 19th February 2018 in Trondheim, Norway.
Session 3: Download occurrence data from GBIF in R
This session presents programmatic access to GBIF data using R with focus on the rOpenSci rgbif-package. We will also explore the taxize R-package for handling taxon names.
- Introduction to rgbif (tutorial)
- Filtering using data terms (and spatial geometry)
- Taxon names / resolving (using taxize). What is “nubkey”?
- Asynchron download (see also GBIF API)
Workshop training materials for session 3
- Programmatic access to GBIF data in R with rgbif, (html)
- Asynchron download
- Filtering using data terms and spatial geometry (to be added)
- Example data quality tests, (html)
- Taxon names information (to be added)
Back to GitHub project home.